Stratux menu items

Please provide the following information:

Hardware:
[  ] FlightBox Kit
[x  ] FlightBox Assembled (FB1X)
[  ] Generic Stratux

FlightBox / Stratux version: (e.g. "v0.8r2" or "v1.0r1")
 Update v1.0r1
FlightBox / Stratux build: 945c8f6bc
Radio Configuration:
[  ] Dual Band
[  ] Single Band - US / CA - 978 MHz UAT
[ x ] Single Band - International - 1090-ES

GPS Configuration:
[  ] None - Using mobile device's GPS
[ x] Open Flight Solutions Remote GPS
[  ] Internal GPS Module (VK-172)
[  ] Other:

USB Power Source:
[  ] USB Battery: (Make / Model Here)
[ x ] Cigarette Lighter Adapter: ANKER power drive 2

USB Cable:
[ x ] 3' heavy gauge cable included with FlightBox
[  ] Other: (Make / Model / Description Here)

EFB Application name and version: Ozrunways latest

Please include a detailed description of your issue or question:

Map size on GPS page is whole of Australia, anyway of manipulating or scaling this up finer detail of location?

Tail numbers for other nations update?

What Windows map programs can accept Stratux input

And the question re ip addresses
If stratux uses 192.168.10.1 and it’s wifi outputting is there any way of combining this data into a home system when we bring the FS box home for upgrade and wish to browse the air space on a large screen pc.

Yes I know you can use fr24 and Fa.

Thanks.

The GPS page (and Traffic, Weather, etc.) is purely for diagnostic purposes. We (the Stratux community) intentionally decided to avoid adding EFB / PFD / MFD functionality to the web app. As a result, the map is very low resolution. Your EFB should provide a much better map. :slight_smile:

Not sure about tail numbers outside of US and CA. Some nations publish the info, others don’t. If you’re aware of a source for AU, please post it and I’ll see if we can incorporate it.

At this point the only Windows app that I’m aware of is True Flight’s line of SkyPad and desktop apps: http://aviationsafety.com/

With regard to the IP, the answer is “yes but…” - you can put a Stratux-based system like FlightBox on your home network but you would need to edit the stratux.conf file to manually set up a data stream to whatever system you want to use as the display. To do so you would either open it up and connect a wired Ethernet cable to the Ethernet jack or reconfigure the wireless configuration (which is way not supported - sorry).

In either case, once you have the box on the network and streaming GDL-90 at another computer, you need something to decode it and display it. Probably a better option there is to use the traffic websocket and display the resulting traffic on Google Maps, Google Earth, OpenStreetMap, or similar. Cool, but outside of our primary scope.

But… that’s what’s cool about open systems and open source. Feel free to tinker. Just be prepared to re-image your card if you get to the point where it won’t do the normal stuff anymore.

Good points. Having fun with new menus and have split feed to my Gns 5890 which is fine for pc display. The adsb and tidbits traffic and basic mode s very interesting, we have a long way to go in Australia, lots of base stations to go in for below 5000 feet yet.
Also in this part of the world couple hundred miles out between capital cities I am seeing dramatic changes in flight paths now it’s all GNSS Nav and most VOR and NDB off air. All sorts of exotic flights right over this region from all points west south west and north west. Big stuff too like 777 and 380 and 333 international long range stuff. Cheers