Light pipe install

Please provide the following information:

Hardware:
[  ] FlightBox Kit
[  ] FlightBox Assembled (FB1X)
[  ] Generic Stratux

FlightBox / Stratux version: (e.g. "v0.8r2" or "v1.0r1")

FlightBox / Stratux build: (e.g. "db130aab76")

Radio Configuration:
[  ] Dual Band
[  ] Single Band - US / CA - 978 MHz UAT
[  ] Single Band - International - 1090-ES

GPS Configuration:
[  ] None - Using mobile device's GPS
[  ] Open Flight Solutions Remote GPS
[  ] Internal GPS Module (VK-172)
[  ] Other:

USB Power Source:
[  ] USB Battery: (Make / Model Here)
[  ] Cigarette Lighter Adapter: (Make / Model Here)

USB Cable:
[  ] 3' heavy gauge cable included with FlightBox
[  ] Other: (Make / Model / Description Here)

EFB Application name and version:

Please include a detailed description of your issue or question:

My AHRS upgrade kit includes 3 light pipes. However, the new case top has the holes plugged with clear plastic. Do I have to drill these out to install the light pipes?

Don’t drill out the clear plastic as that is part of the light pipes and the three lights will show through when connected to power and a GPS signal is available and an ADHARs signal is available. This is assuming that your ADHARs firmware and WiFi signal are working which seems to be a problem with some of the upgrades. Hopefully Steve will return and clear up the problems.
Dick Welsh

OK, thanks. I’ll wait for Steve to explain why the 3 light pipes were in the kit.

Chris

Chris, we have been waiting for 2 weeks to hear from Steve. He must be away for awhile. Dick W

My kit came with one of the three light pipes broken (which makes it look like the hole is filled with plastic). I would suggest that maybe all three of yours were broken off.

G Walborn
N9732J

Good idea, but I thought mine came separate in the bag. They were loose in the large bag that held the whole kit. Now that I look at them closely, I see one smooth end, and one broken off end. Looks like you’re right.

thanks,

Apologies, folks. I don’t check the forums as often as I should.

If you found the light pipes loose in the kit, then they broke off in shipping. (Thanks, USPS.) Contact me directly and we’ll make it right. I have some tops I can send as replacements. I would appreciate it if you could send back the bad ones as I’ll try to repair them.

Thanks,

-S